Family of Frances Ione BURTON (16) & Thomas L. WILSON
Dr. Wilson was reared on a farm about three miles east of Clarksburg on the Clarksburg-Yuma Road. When he finished medical school, he began his practice with Dr. Homer McGill, his father-in-law in Clarksburg. He practiced there for 15 years. In 1946, he purchased the office of the late Dr. Virgil Massey and moved to Huntingdon. He later built the Wilson Clinic on East Paris Street. This clinic was later converted into the Wilson Clinic. The Clinic later had four doctors: Dr. Wilson, Dr. Jerry Atkins, Dr. Scott Portis and Dr. James Williamson. Dr. Wilson served on the Huntingdon School Board and on the Advisory Board of the Freed-Hardeman College in Henderson, Tennessee. Dr Wilson was a graduate of the University of Tennessee Medical School in Memphis, Tennessee. Dr. Wilson had the confidence of his peers in South Carroll County, Tennessee. His first baby delivery was twins - Aline and Carline Burgess. He was one of the country doctors who provided on site services. He was on the road in all kinds of weather - did not make any difference what time of day or night.
Doctor Wilson's office in Clarksburg was located in the house which is now located (1998) between the Oma's Antik Haus store and The Clarksburg Supermarket.
53. Doctor Paul W. WILSON. Born in 1905 in Carroll County, Tennessee. At the age of 74, Paul W. died in 1979. Occupation: Physician.
Dr. Paul Wilson served as Flight Surgeon in the Army Air Corps in World War II. In 1960, he was a delegate to the Republican Convention. He was state Republican Committeeman from the 8th Congressional District. He held the rank of Major until his death. He was also very active in the local civic affairs. The Wilson Park in Dresden, Weakley County, Tennessee is named in his honor.
Paul W. married Helen SMITH, daughter of John Henry SMITH & ROSA.
They had one child:
If you have
information, comments, suggestions, or corrections concerning
We also welcome photograph contributions for our family trees