Home  Genealogy  Area History  Current Events  Links  

 

 

Robert Burton Wilson

 

     Dr. Wilson was reared on a farm about three miles east of Clarksburg on the Clarksburg-Yuma Road. When he finished medical school, he began his practice with Dr. Homer McGill, his father-in-law in Clarksburg. He practiced there for 15 years. In 1946, he purchased the office of the late Dr. Virgil Massey and moved to Huntingdon. He later built the Wilson Clinic on East Paris Street. This clinic was later converted into the Wilson Clinic. The Clinic later had four doctors: Dr. Wilson, Dr. Jerry Atkins, Dr. Scott Portis and Dr. James Williamson. Dr. Wilson served on the Huntingdon School Board and on the Advisory Board of the Freed-Hardeman College in Henderson, Tennessee. Dr Wilson was a graduate of the University of Tennessee Medical School in Memphis, Tennessee. Dr. Wilson had the confidence of his peers in South Carroll County, Tennessee. His first baby delivery was twins - Aline and Carline Burgess. He was one of the country doctors who provided on site services.





 

           

If you have information, comments, suggestions, or corrections concerning
our website, please contact The Watchers by clicking the button below:

We also welcome photograph contributions for our family trees

 

1998-2015 The-Watchers.com
The copyright for this website refers strictly to the domain name "the-watchers.com", and in
 no way makes any claim towards copyrighting the material found within, as most is found
 in public records.  The information provided on this website is intended to be used as a
 guide to aid those in search of their "roots". Many thanks  to those who have gladly shared
  their family histories, photographs, family bibles, databases, and stories with "The Watchers".